All applications for professional positions must go through the OLAS System (teachers, administrators, pupil personnel). Once into the OLAS System, type the position title in the keyword box under job search and select Central in the "region" dropdown box. All jobs for the Central region will be listed. Select "Hannibal" and complete the application.
For all other job applications, please follow the directions below to apply for open positions.
Director of Facilities
Hannibal Central School seeks a Director of Facilities to join our community. The Director of Facilities is responsible for providing administrative direction to the buildings and grounds department. The incumbent will spend time at various work sites ensuring that work is being performed and completed in an efficient manner.
- Exercises administrative direction and supervision over the operations and personnel involved in the buildings and grounds department of the school district;
- Develops policies, activity schedules, and procedural narratives to ensure the preventive maintenance program is carried out to ensure buildings, grounds and equipment are maintained in a safe, clean and acceptable operating condition;
- Directs, assigns, trains and evaluates the work of supervisors and personnel;
- Discusses capital projects, maintenance, repair and operational needs with school administrator(s);
- Works with construction managers, architects and/or engineers to develop, implement and complete capital improvement projects and other long-term plans;
- Ensures that preventive maintenance is performed and meets regularly with subordinates to discuss repairs on equipment, including plumbing, HVAC and electrical systems;
- Inspects painting, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and other mechanical maintenance and construction work performed by private contractors, custodial, or maintenance employees to ensure work is in compliance with contract specifications, as well as, applicable codes and regulations;
- Ensures that inspections are performed and tests of security systems, safety lighting, fire extinguishers, fire alarm system, and doors are completed to ensure proper operation and compliance with applicable codes and regulations;
- Ensures that inspections and reports are completed for federal, state and local regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with codes, rules and regulations;
- Responds to inquiries from employees, school district administrators and the public regarding school district buildings and grounds activities;
- Attends Board of Education meetings and committee meetings, as required, to address issues specific to the buildings and grounds department;
- Acts as the Chief Emergency Officer, responsible for overseeing the preparation of building-level and district-wide emergency response plans, including periodic updating and reporting to regulatory authorities.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of applicable codes, laws, rules and regulations governing school buildings and grounds administration;
- Thorough knowledge of safety regulations, procedures and security in the workplace and public buildings;
- Good knowledge of budgeting principles, practices and procedures;
- Must meet Civil Service Requirements as a Director of Facilities II or III or possess New York School Administrative Certification
- Ability to communicate verbal and written ideas clearly
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with others
- Five years of leadership experience.
Salary will be between $65,000 and $78,000 depending upon experience.
Those individuals interested in this position should apply using the Employment Application and send a letter of interest along with a resume and professional references to: Hannibal Central Schools, Superintendent Staats, 928 Cayuga Street, Hannibal, NY 13074.
Interviews will be scheduled immediately upon receipt of completed application and resume.
The Hannibal Central School District is looking to hire substitute cleaners ($11.10/hour), hours will vary.
Download a Hannibal Employment Application and return it by mail to the attention of Gerald Seguin, Interim Director of Facilities, 928 Cayuga Street, Hannibal, NY 13074 or drop it off at the District Office.
Bus Drivers: $18.06 per hour
Do you like kids? Do you like to drive? You may like to drive our kids! We are hiring!
- The Transportation Department is always looking for Bus Drivers
- Excellent, health, dental, and retirement package
- Summers off
- Opportunities for nights and weekend trips as well
Interested applicants should fill out an application and return it to Rob Pakish at the bus garage. Hannibal Central School District, c/o Bus Garage, 928 Cayuga Street, Hannibal, NY 13074.
Substitute School Bus Drivers: $18.00 per hour
- We are hiring substitutes continuously
- Hours vary and includes opportunities for athletic events
- Opportunities to train interested and qualified individuals to obtain license
Interested applicants should fill out an application and return it to Rob Pakish at the bus garage, or mail to: Hannibal Central School District, c/o Bus Garage, 928 Cayuga Street, Hannibal, NY 13074.
Substitute School Bus Aides: $11.10/hr
Interested applicants should fill out an application and return it to Rob Pakish at the bus garage: Hannibal Central School District, c/o Bus Garage, 928 Cayuga Street, Hannibal, NY 13074.
The District is continuously looking for substitutes in the following areas:
- Nurses $120 per day
- Certified Classroom Teachers $120.00 per day
- Tutors for homebound students $38.07 per hour
- Teaching Assistants; Food Service Helpers; School Monitors; Clerical Staff; School Bus Aides; Cleaners - $11.10 per hour
We review applications as they are received.