WE ARE HIRING!
Looking for a job, or do you know someone who is? Look no further! IMMEDIATE openings for full-time, part-time and substitute positions!
Full benefits (Health, dental, paid holiday, State Retirement):
- (1) Grounds worker (Day position)
- (1) Maintenance Helper (Day Position)
- (1) Cleaner (Night Position)
- (4) Bus drivers (various hours)
Part Time benefits (State Retirement):
- (4) Food service workers (day position…4-5 hours per day)
- (3) School Bus Aides (day position)
- Grounds - Maintenance
- Food Service Workers
- Bus Drivers
- Bus Aides
Complete an application and send a letter of interest to Superintendent Staats: 928 Cayuga Street, Hannibal, NY 13074. Interviews will take place immediately upon review of application. Additional information below!
All applications for professional positions must go through the OLAS System (teachers, administrators, pupil personnel). Once into the OLAS System, type the position title in the keyword box under job search and select Central in the "region" dropdown box. All jobs for the Central region will be listed. Select "Hannibal" and complete the application.
For all other job applications, please follow the directions below to apply for open positions.
Head Automotive Mechanic
Please come and work at our brand new bus maintenance building as a head mechanic!
PRIMARY WORK ACTIVITIES:
Typical activities characteristic of the class.
- Supervises, coordinates, and maintains preventive maintenance on school district motor vehicles;
- Performs skilled operations in the repair and overhaul of gasoline and diesel motor equipment, including trucks, tractors, cars, and buses;
- Repairs or replaces motor pumps, fuel pumps, generators, carburetors and shock absorbers;
- Repairs ignition systems, transmissions, brake systems, clutches, vehicle cooling systems, and front and rear axles;
- Adjusts connecting rods and bearings, steering mechanisms and aligns wheels;
- Greases vehicles, changes oil, oil filters, and other fluids;
- Makes minor welding and body repairs to automotive equipment;
- Maintains maintenance and repair records with established policies and procedures;
- Operates a computer to maintain fuel inventory
- Orders and maintains a computerized inventory of parts, supplies, and equipment required to complete repair and maintenance tasks on school district vehicles including school buses;
- Performs monthly inventory of all items in the parts room.
- Requisitions replacement of parts and equipment;
- May operate a school bus to transport students;
- Oversees the safe and efficient operation of the bus fleet. Provides ongoing training to mechanics and helpers on work area safety hazards in order to ensure safe habits are practiced
- Checks incoming parts supplies and equipment against bills, vouchers, and requisitions to insure proper shipment and no damage has been sustained
- Keeps time and materials records on repair and maintenance activities
A.Graduation from a regionally accredited or NYS registered college or technical school with an associate’s degree in automotive repair technology, automotive mechanic technology, automotive service technology, or related field andthree (3) years of experience in the maintenance and repair of school bus equipment; OR
B. Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma and six (6) years of experience in the maintenance and repair of school bus equipment;
This position involves the operation of a school bus: Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age and possess a CDL Class B motor vehicle license with P & S endorsements issued by New York State at the time of application for appointment.
Salary starts at $60,000 per year and comes with excellent health, dental, vision, and retirement benefits.
An application (found on our website), resume, list of professional references who has direct experience with your mechanical experience, and letter of interest with is to be submitted to Superintended Staats no later than April 27 at 928 Cayuga Street, Hannibal, NY 13074.
The Hannibal Central School District has an immediate opening for a full-time Grounds Worker. Starting pay is $14.94/hour.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain grounds (grass, weeds, fences, fields, grounds)
- Operate and maintain various vehicles, machinery and other equipment used at the District to keep areas clean and safe
- Must have snowplowing experience with trucks and loaders
- Must be able to line and maintain fields for sporting events
- Must be able to maintain small machinery
The ideal candidate will:
- Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot, cold and wet conditions
- Be able to work independently and as a team
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to all members of the District and community
- Report to work at the designated start time
- Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary
- Be able to work overtime
- Have a clean driving record
- Be willing to be trained
Interested candidates must submit a resume, credentials and letter of interest to:
Superintendent Christopher Staats
928 Cayuga Street
Hannibal, NY 13074
The Hannibal Central School District is hiring for a maintenance mechanic. The position is full time, up to $24 per hour, and has excellent benefits. The candidate must have five years of journeyman-level skills in electrical, plumbing or HVAC, and a working knowledge of all trades. Interested candidates must submit a resume, credentials and letter of interest to:
Superintendent Christopher Staats
928 Cayuga Street
Hannibal, NY 13074
The Hannibal Central School District is looking to hire substitute cleaners ($11.80/hour), hours will vary.
Download a Hannibal Employment Application and return it by mail to the attention of Gerald Seguin, Interim Director of Facilities, 928 Cayuga Street, Hannibal, NY 13074 or drop it off at the District Office.
Bus Drivers: $18.06 per hour
Do you like kids? Do you like to drive? You may like to drive our kids! We are hiring!
- The Transportation Department is always looking for Bus Drivers
- Excellent, health, dental, and retirement package
- Summers off
- Opportunities for nights and weekend trips as well
Interested applicants should fill out an application and return it to Rob Pakish at the bus garage. Hannibal Central School District, c/o Bus Garage, 928 Cayuga Street, Hannibal, NY 13074.
Substitute School Bus Drivers: $18.00 per hour
- We are hiring substitutes continuously
- Hours vary and includes opportunities for athletic events
- Opportunities to train interested and qualified individuals to obtain license
Interested applicants should fill out an application and return it to Rob Pakish at the bus garage, or mail to: Hannibal Central School District, c/o Bus Garage, 928 Cayuga Street, Hannibal, NY 13074.
Substitute School Bus Aides: $11.80/hr
Interested applicants should fill out an application and return it to Rob Pakish at the bus garage: Hannibal Central School District, c/o Bus Garage, 928 Cayuga Street, Hannibal, NY 13074.
The District is continuously looking for substitutes in the following areas:
- Nurses $120 per day
- Certified Classroom Teachers $120.00 per day
- Tutors for homebound students $38.07 per hour
- Teaching Assistants; Food Service Helpers; School Monitors; Clerical Staff; School Bus Aides; Cleaners - $11.80 per hour
We review applications as they are received.