ALL APPLICATIONS FOR PROFESSIONAL POSITIONS MUST GO THROUGH THE OLAS SYSTEM (TEACHERS, ADMINISTRATORS, PUPIL PERSONNEL). Follow this link: www.olasjobs.org. Under "Job Search," type in the position title in the "Keyword" box and then select Central in the "Region" drop down box. All jobs for the Central region will be listed. Select the "Hannibal" position and complete the application.
The Hannibal Central School District is looking to hire substitute Cleaners ($11.10/hour), hours will vary.
For all other job applications, please follow the directions below to apply for open positions.
Download a Hannibal Employment Application from our website at: www.hannibalcsd.org. Return it by mail to the attention of Gerald Seguin, Interim Director of Facilities, 928 Cayuga Street, Hannibal, NY 13074 or drop it off at the District Office.
To be considered for this position, applicant must complete a district application, send a current resume, cover letter, copy of all college transcripts, and a list of at least three current references that can speak on behalf of your expertise. All applications must be sent to Christopher A. Staats, Superintendent, Hannibal Central School District, 928 Cayuga Street, Hannibal, NY 13074, no later than February 22. Details about the position can be found below:
Essential nature of work, degree of difficulty and responsibility:
This position is located within the Hannibal Central School District and involves responsibility for administering the operation and overall design, implementation, maintenance, and evaluation of a network and its network components. Employee handles diagnosis and repair problems related to network components. Employee is responsible for the operation of all networked equipment as well as personal computer software, hardware, and network connectivity. The work is performed under the direction of the Director of Technology. Supervision is exercised over the Technician and Computer Specialists. The incumbent does related work as required.
Typical activities characteristic of the class:
-- Oversees the overall design, implementation, maintenance, and evaluation of a network and all equipment and software involved;
-- Administers the network from development to end user;
-- Designs and enforces security access to data, and identifies devises and access paths and availability;
-- Customizes applications to ensure proper functioning in a network environment and writes basic programming for the maintenance of systems;
-- Designs, implements, and tests a Disaster Recovery Plan;
-- Works with other departments in the organization to coordinate construction projects, network upgrades, and regional initiatives;
-- Assists with the development of the District Technology Plan, and implements and evaluates all relevant parts of the District Technology Plan;
-- Supervises IT department personnel providing technical support for end users
-- Coordinates the activities of staff to ensure the efficient functioning of the IT department
-- Oversees all general IT functions including inventory, Help Desk, implementation of databases and software, and support for end users.
GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF:
- principles, techniques, and concepts of network administration
- Help Desk management
- use and operation of computers and Chromebooks
- including management of local area networks
- office terminology, practices, and procedures
- design of current computer systems
- systems analysis applicable to computer programming
- the repair and maintenance of personal computers and related equipment
- use and general maintenance of computer hardware, software, and peripheral equipment
- methods of organization, planning, and management
- principles and practices of supervision
- make minor repairs to computer equipment
- install and use purchased software
- analyze, diagnose and correct network issues
- provide documentation for network activities and operations
- advise and train others in computer operation and software applications
- operate a personal computer and Local Area Network
- perform equipment adjustment/repair requiring good manual dexterity
- translate and adapt administrative and financial data and terminology to computer analysis using commercially available software
- service personal computers
- communicate clearly and professionally, both orally and in writing, with network users, technical personnel and vendors
- understand and follow technical oral and written directions
Education, specialized background, training and experience.
A. Graduation from a regionally accredited or NYS registered college or university with a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, electronic technology, or closely related field and two (2) years of experience in network related support activities; OR
B. Graduation from a regionally accredited or NYS registered college or university with an associate’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, electronic technology, or closely related field and four (4) years of experience in network related support activities;
Cover Leave for HS Spanish Teacher, to begin on or about March 29 – on or about May 20, 2019.
Cover Leave for MS School Counselor, to begin on or about April 23 – June 30, 2019.
All candidates must be appropriately certified. Only complete applications submitted via OLAS will be considered.
Bus Drivers: $18.06 per hour
Do you like kids? Do you like to drive? You may like to drive our kids! We are hiring!
Interested applicants should fill out an application and return it to Rob Pakish at the bus garage. Hannibal Central School District, c/o Bus Garage, 928 Cayuga Street, Hannibal, NY 13074. No emails, please.
- The Transportation Department is always looking for Bus Drivers
- Excellent, health, dental, and retirement package.
- Summers off
- Opportunities for nights and weekend trips as well
Substitute School Bus Drivers: $18.00 per hour
Interested applicants should fill out an application and return it to Rob Pakish at the bus garage, or mail to: Hannibal Central School District, c/o Bus Garage, 928 Cayuga Street, Hannibal, NY 13074. No emails, please.
- We are hiring substitutes continuously.
- Hours vary and includes opportunities for athletic events.
- Opportunities to train interested and qualified individuals to obtain license.
Substitute School Bus Aides: $11.10/hr
Interested applicants should fill out an application and return it to Rob Pakish at the bus garage: Hannibal Central School District, c/o Bus Garage, 928 Cayuga Street, Hannibal, NY 13074. No emails, please.
The District is continuously looking for substitutes in the following areas:
- Nurses $120.00 per day
- Certified Classroom Teachers $120.00 per day
- Tutors for homebound students $38.07 per hour
- Teaching Assistants; Food Service Helpers; School Monitors; Clerical Staff; School Bus Aides; Cleaners - $11.10 per hour
For substitute positions, please go to our website: www.hannibalcsd.org, download our application and mail or drop it off in person. We review applications as they are received.
Hannibal Central School District
c/o District Office
928 Cayuga Street
Hannibal, New York 13074